Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Sparrow out on Cast Macabre!

I'm proud to be able to say that one of my stories "The Sparrow" can now be listened to on the excellent podcast site Cast Macabre.

You can go to the website linked above where it is episode #37*, download (or subscribe) via iTunes, or listen directly here.

SPOILERS: "The Sparrow" takes place in what is called the Middle Passage, a rather non-descript term used to refer to the appallingly brutal voyage slave traders took between the African continent and the United States in the 18th century. It may also feature zombies. All this to basically say that it might not be for the squeamish: there's explicit violence, gore, and language. /END SPOILERS

"The Sparrow" is now officially my most re-published story. It was first released a few years back on the now defunct Horror Library's website where it won a monthly contest. Then it was republished in the excellent e-zine Allegory. (which you can download and read from their website for $2--links on the side of my blog page)

Now its available to LISTEN to as an audio play. I have to confess I like Cast Macabre's version best! Reader Graeme Dunlop does an excellent job with the voices of the characters and the music and sound effects are superb.

Its a half hour long, but if you get a chance, please listen to it and let me know what you think.

*Odd coincidence enough, this is the second story that is an Episode #37 on a podcast (another of my stories, "Luna Springs" is Episode #37 on The Drabblecast podcast)

No comments: